At Trufan we want to redefine the landscape of how brands interact with their audience.
Do you love to move fast and break stuff? We have an amazing opportunity for someone to join a scrappy team of experienced entrepreneurs in one of Canada’s hottest startups. We are looking for a candidate who thrives in a high energy team, low ego team that never misses a chance to have fun in one of our remote social events.
A day in the life of a Trufan developer could mean you are:
- Working with some of the best and brightest building amazing features that delight our customers
- Manipulating billions of social media data points within our product
- Working at your own pace with our open schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- Testing how your feature will scale to hundreds of thousands of concurrent users in seconds
Besides being all around amazing (yeah, we know it) we also offer highly competitive salaries and the opportunity to work from anywhere in Canada. But wait, there’s more, we have a top-notch benefits package for you and your family with health, dental, vision, and an HCSA.
We’re looking to grow with you, and invest in your potential. Apply even if you don’t meet all the criteria below, you can wow us with your Github projects or show us your operational excellence super-power.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Assist in the ongoing scalability of the platform
- Work with the Product team developing and implementing new features to help brands understand their social following and audience
- Provide feedback and recommendations on our product roadmap and have an impact on the company’s strategic direction
- Ensure smooth delivery of software through various test stages and into production and building out of the CI/CD pipeline
- Work with the development team to support changing needs in development, test and production environments
- Monitor and report on system status and application logs, and act to return system to health when alerted
- Ownership and delivery of high-quality software features from design to release including: conducting unit and system tests, monitoring in a production environment and triaging customer issues.
- Plan and execute deployment of releases
- Research and implement new technologies to improve our production infrastructure
- Participate in culture building and laying the foundation for software development principles
- Hire, and provide mentorship to team members (design and code reviews)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience as a backend software developer
- 2+ years of experience leading software teams
- Preferred experience in Java and node.js
- Understanding of core DevOps principles
- A proactive individual who works well in a team environment
- A mindset of building qualify software (TDD/BDD, unit testing, system testing)
- Understanding of AWS architecture and systems
- Experience with Elastic Serach and Social APIs an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team player with motivation and passion for your work