At Trufan we want to redefine the landscape of how brands interact with their audience.
Do you love to move fast and break stuff? We have an amazing opportunity for someone to join a scrappy team of experienced entrepreneurs in one of Canada’s hottest startups. We are looking for a candidate who thrives in a high energy team, low ego team that never misses a chance to have fun in one of our remote social events.
A day in the life of a Trufan developer could mean you are:
- Working with some of the best and brightest building amazing features that delight our customers
- Run infrastructure to support billions of social media data points within our product
- Working at your own pace with our open schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- Create infrastructure as code with modern DevOps practices
Besides being all around amazing (yeah, we know it) we also offer highly competitive salaries and the opportunity to work from anywhere in Canada. But wait, there’s more, we have a top-notch benefits package for you and your family with health, dental, vision, and an HCSA.
We’re looking to grow with you, and invest in your potential. Apply even if you don’t meet all the criteria below, you can wow us with your Github projects or show us your operational excellence super-power.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Assist in the ongoing scalability of the platform
- Provide feedback and recommendations on our product roadmap and have an impact on the company’s strategic direction
- Ensure smooth delivery of software through various test stages and into production and building out of the CI/CD pipeline
- Work with the development team to support changing needs in development, test and production environments
- Monitor and report on system status and application logs, and act to return system to health when alerted
- Plan and execute deployment of releases
- Research and implement new technologies to improve our production infrastructure
- Participate in culture building and laying the foundation for software development principles
- Provide mentorship to junior team members (design and code reviews)
- Build a framework of DevOps tools and principles for other SCRUM teams to utilize
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- 4+ years’ experience as in backend software developer or DevOps role
- Strong understanding of Terraform or similar configuration management tooling
- Understanding of core DevOps principles like infrastructure as code
- A proactive individual who works well in a team environment
- A mindset of building and deploying high quality software with CI/CD pipelines
- Understanding of AWS architecture and systems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team player with motivation and passion for your work