Trufan builds products to improve brand engagement. In the last 1.5 years, Trufan has had over 1M people share their data with brands for the chance to win great prizes. We've helped over 750 brands (including Sony Music, Netflix, NBA, P&G, NFL) generate and segment first- and third-party data.
After just celebrating our third anniversary, the Trufan team is 35 strong and we’ve raised $4.1M in venture capital. We pride ourselves on a transparent and exciting environment.
We are seeking a permanent, remote UX Designer to join our team full time. Applicants with experience working remotely will be prioritized.
Trufan is a growing start-up. Having experience in an organization like ours is an advantage. We don't require a successful applicant to have worked in Trufan's sector, but they should be interested in developing ways for brands and content creators to grow their audiences and generate data. They should want the best for our users. Because our users are the best 😇
- Create user flows, wireframes, mockups, and the occasional prototype. Work with stakeholder feedback, and quickly iterate designs through to approval.
- Collect qualitative and quantitative data through user research.
- Understand the needs of users through exploratory and evaluative research methods like interviews, surveys, and usability testing.
- Analyze research data, develop findings, generate suggestions, and communicate results.
- Build and improve product designs based on user needs and expectations.
- Balance user needs with both business needs and technical limitations.
- Clearly communicate design ideas and strategies via documentation.
- Effectively present design documentation to required team members and stakeholders.
- Advocate for the user, and champion quality in our products.
- Collaborate with engineers to understand technical requirements and limitations.
- Consistently improve the product design according to user requirements and business needs.
- Audit product issues.
- Make recommendations to improve user experience.
Qualifications and Experience
- Demonstrable experience in UX, UI, or similar roles
- Some experience creating research plans and facilitating usability studies. Must have experience with user testing, rapid prototyping, and heuristic audits/analysis.
- Is able to communicate the value of user experience, and is aware of current industry standards and processes
- Mobile/responsive design experience
- UX software experience is required. Must have expertise in Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, Whimsical, Invision, Zeplin and/or similar tools.
- Effective communication skills
- Inquisitive thinking, and a will to solve problems
- Proven visual design experience
- A great portfolio outlining your process and design thinking
- Familiarity with visual design, interaction design, and information architecture
- An understanding of user privacy and Sweepstakes is a bonus
- Expertise in Notion is a bonus
You're perfect for this role if you...
- Want predictable work. We commit to defined tasks every two-weeks, checking in with morning updates to address obstacles
- Love results, and hate burnout. People in our workplace care more about consistency and quality and less about squeezing hours out of each other
- Are open to quick and collaborative decision-making. It's not unusual to jump on a 15 minute video call to make a UX decision that will unblock a developer
- Want mentorship, and not micro-management. You'll be assigned a state-of-the-art UX Lead. One who genuinely cares about your career and self-fulfillment goals, and will be there to answer questions and provide direction as you need it.
- Love a good flow chart. We love a good flow chart.
- A competitive market salary
- Excellent group benefits
- Unlimited vacation — employees must take at least 2 weeks per calendar year
- Remote — Work where you want
- Flexible hours — Work when you want
- Supportive peers and mentorship
- Opportunities for training and career growth